- This event has passed.
NPR Podcast Challenge
March 15 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
Student Podcast Contest
Students 5th-12th grade — FREE
Deadline March 15
Guidelines to remember
- The contest is open to teachers with students in grades five through 12.
- Podcasts must be between three and eight minutes long.
- Entries can include original music — in other words music that is originally composed and recorded. But be careful! Our contest rules make clear that you must be respectful of copyright and trademark laws, and our legal team is really serious about this. See the rules for the exact details.
- Students can work with a class or extracurricular group to make their podcasts, but …
- They’ll need the help of a teacher to submit their entry. The entry form is open to teachers only.
You can create your podcast entry in any class or extracurricular group, on any topic. If it helps, here are some suggestions:
- Tell us a story about your school or community: about something that happened there — recently or in the past — that your audience should know about.
- What is a moment in history that all students should learn about?
- Show us both sides of a debate about an issue that’s important to you.
- What do you want to change about the world? What’s a big change that you want to make in the future?
- Explain something to us that kids understand and grown-ups don’t.
Add your events to the calendar.