Heartbeat of the Earth: an Outdoor Learning Workshop
October 17 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Connecting Children to Nature through Indigenous Teachings
October, 17th 2023 – 7:00 PM
With Educator and Author Launa Purcell
Note: This is *NOT* a Cola City event. Please contact The Outdoor Learning Store for more information and registration: CLICK HERE
The Outdoor Learning Virtual Workshop Seasonal Series:
- Registration is FREE and there will be plenty of draw prizes for attendees!
- All registrants will receive a discount code to access outdoor learning resources when they register
- Workshops are 60 minutes and will take place at 4pm Pacific / 7pm Eastern.
- For those who can’t attend live these will each be recorded and posted on the Recordings Page
- Following the workshop, participants will receive a link through which they can access a certificate of attendance.
Join Author Launa as she shares about Heartbeat of the Earth – a Handbook on Connecting Children to Nature through Indigenous Teachings.
Launa Purcell is a member of the Xa’xtsa First Nation and a mother of two. Launa works as an Indigenous Educator and teaches Indigenous outdoor camps.
The activities inside instill traditional teachings of respect, honor, resourcefulness, and humility in children. This handbook is intended to inspire parents, caregivers, and educators to provide children with meaningful outdoor experiences interwoven with traditional Indigenous knowledge.
This handbook isn’t a replacement for ensuring that local Indigenous knowledge and perspectives are central to your teaching. Rather, this is a starting point, and an encouragement to learn more, and use these activities as an inspiration to adapt them and adopt new ones in a culturally appropriate and responsive way.
All registrants will be entered to win some great draw prizes! After registration you will receive a discount code to access the resources shared. Following the workshop you will receive the recording, and a link to access your Certificate of Attendance.
You can access Launa’s beautiful resource here:
Heartbeat of the Earth
Add your events to the calendar.
Contact: [email protected]